NICORETTE® Gum can also be used when you are pregnant or breast-feeding to help you stop smoking, as the risks to your baby are far less than if you continue to smoke. For more information, see ”If you are pregnant or breastfeeding” section.
The effect of Nicorette Gum
- Helps to Keep Cravings in Check – Nicorette sugar free chewing gum actively fights cravings to help you quit smoking once & for all.
- Removes Stains for Whiter Teeth – Nicorette Icy White Gum is clinically proven to fight tough cravings whilst helping to remove stains for whiter teeth.
- A Fresh-Tasting Way to Stop Smoking – Nicorette gums are quit smoking aids that taste great and allows you to actively control how much nicotine you use. Choose from Original, Freshmint, Icy White & Fruitfusion flavours.
- Craving Relief That Can Last for Hours – Nicorette gum provides up to nearly 3 hours of craving relief. Help relieve your cravings & do something incredible.
Why choose Nicorette gum?
Nicorette® Icy 4mg Gum contains nicotine. Stop Smoking Aid. Requires Willpower. Always read the label. Nicorette Icy White 4mg Gum is used to relieve and/or prevent withdrawal symptoms and reduce the cravings you get when you try to stop smoking or when cutting down the number of cigarettes you smoke. It provides a safer alternative to smoking for both the individual and those around them.
How to use Nicorette gum?
The number of Nicorette Gums you use each day will depend on how many cigarettes you smoked and how strong they are.
- The 2 mg gums should be used by people who smoke 20 or fewer cigarettes each day or by heavier smokers when they are cutting down the number and strength of the Nicorette gums they are using.
- The 4 mg gums should be used by people who smoke more than 20 cigarettes per day.
The method of chewing Nicorette Gum is not the same as for ordinary chewing gum. Nicorette Gum is chewed to release nicotine then rested so that nicotine can be taken in through the lining of the mouth. If Nicorette Gum is chewed continuously, the nicotine is released too quickly and is swallowed. This may irritate your throat, upset your stomach or give you hiccups.
If you have false teeth you may have difficulty chewing the gum as Nicorette Gum could stick to them and on rare occasions, damage dentures. If you experience a problem, other types of nicotine replacement therapy such as a skin patch, inhalator or microtab may be more suitable for you.
The Nicorette Chewing Technique
- Chew slowly until taste becomes strong.
- Rest between gum and cheek.
- Chew again when the taste has faded.
- Keep chewing like this for about half an hour.
Use this chart as a guide:
|Month 1 – First 2 weeks||10 to 20 pieces per day|
|Month 1 – Last 2 weeks||8 to 15 pieces per day|
|Month 2||4 to 10 pieces per day|
|Month 3||2 to 5 pieces per day|
|Months 4 through 6||1 piece if the urge to smoke returns|
How to stop smoking:
If you are able to stop smoking you should use NICORETTE® Gum, when needed, in place of cigarettes. As soon as you can (this could be after a number of weeks or months) you should reduce the number of gums you use until you have stopped using them completely.
If you are unable to stop smoking, or do not feel ready to quit at this time, you should replace as many cigarettes as possible with NICORETTE® Gum. There are toxins in cigarettes that can cause harm to your body. NICORETTE® Gum provides a safer alternative to smoking, for both you and those around you. Reducing the number of cigarettes may also help you to become more motivated to stop smoking. As soon as you are ready you should aim to stop smoking completely.
You can also use NICORETTE® Gum on those occasions when you can’t or don’t want to smoke e.g. Social situations such as a party, in the pub or when at work. When making a quit attempt behavioural therapy, advice and support will normally improve the success rate.
The active ingredient in Nicorette 2 mg Gum is 2 mg Nicotine
The active ingredient in Nicorette 4 mg Gum is 4 mg Nicotine
Other ingredients are: Chewing gum base, sorbitol, sodium carbonate, flavourings, polacrilin, glycerol and talc.